Making the world better with a Christmas sweater
It’s Save The Children’s annual Christmas Jumper Day on Friday 14th December and what better way to bring employees together, wear wacky knits and raise funds for charity!
Here, at Osborne Morris & Morgan, we will be joining thousands of people across the nation, donating £2 to don our Christmas jumpers to work for a great cause- to help create a brighter future for children.
We will also be holding a competition and giving away a prize for the best Christmas jumper.
Last year over 4.4 million was raised from the event. Some examples of how this money is spent includes;
- £1 could pay for oral re hydration salts to help provide life-saving treatment to 16 children sick with diarrhoea.
- £2 could pay for antibiotics for five children suffering from pneumonia, one of the biggest killers of children.
- £2 could pay for a story book to help a child in the Philippines unlock the magic of reading.
- £5 could pay for educational toys to help children in the UK learn through playing.
- £16 could for example, pay for a birth kit for a midwife in Afghanistan, helping them to bring new life in to the world safely.
- £55 could pay for a bicycle for a health worker in Tanzania, so they can care for children in places cars can’t reach
- £100 could pay for 75 books to replenish a school library in Rwanda.
- £200 could pay for a child to attend primary school in Uganda for one year.
- £437 could for example, pay for vital health care for a child for one year in Afghanistan, delivered by a fully trained health worker.
- £500 could fund 36 teachers for one month in Lebanon.
Save The Children is expecting over 5 million people across the UK to take part in their annual fundraising mission.
To get involved and raise money for Save The Children, simply sign up and get your free fundraising pack at www.christmasjumperday.org.
Osborne Morris & Morgan regularly organise and take part in events to raise funds for charity.
To keep up to date with all of our latest news, simply sign up to receive our quarterly newsletters HERE.