Emma joined Osborne Morris & Morgan in July 2023 and joins the litigation team where she undertakes Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence work. She has considerable experience in claims arising from accidents in workplaces, road traffic accidents and accidents in public places. Emma has also supported and represents clients with claims arising because of failures in medical care. Emma’s aim is always to try and secure the maximum compensation available to meet her clients’ needs, increase their independence and enhance their quality of life, whilst being mindful of the stress that comes with litigation. Emma acts for both adult and child victims of clinical negligence and personal injury cases. Emma is a member of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers).
Emma has extensive experience in both personal injury cases and business development having worked at a large, national based law firm for the past 26 years. As well as acting on behalf of clients at OMM, Emma also takes an active role in the business development for the firm. Emma thrives on being a source of support to clients through an often difficult and emotional time, as well as developing new and long-lasting relationships with businesses and other professional services.
Emma’s business development experience has seen her develop and manage a nationwide support and referral scheme which enabled solicitor firms and their clients access to specialist advice that was not available in house. Through these long standing and trusted relationships, Emma was able to take the fees billed through these referral opportunities from £200k at the time that she took responsibility for the network, to fees of over £1milliion for 4 years running. Emma bought in fees of over £9million during the time that she managed this network. Emma thrived on attracting new business as well managing very closely, key client relationships with over 250 law firms.
Some examples of cases where Emma’s legal expertise has benefitted clients include:
– Recovering a £1 million settlement for a client who suffered a head injury whilst being a passenger in a car. Although he was able to return to University and finish his studies, his long term earning potential was severely impacted due to the injuries sustained. Emma’s involvement with this case continued following the conclusion of the matter, where she helped the client seek professional advice in the setting up of a Personal Injury Trust and financial advice regarding the investment of the compensation obtained.
– Securing £500k for a client who sustained significant orthopaedic and psychological injuries for a client injured in a car accident. The claim was complicated due to language difficulties and the need to use interpreters.
– Negotiating compensation of £300k for a client who was partially to blame for the injuries sustained having stepped out from behind a parked lorry. Emma supported the client with the rehabilitation he required following the amputation of his leg, and worked with a muti disciplinary team of experts to provide treatment, and bespoke care and rehabilitation packages to assist in rebuilding his life.
– Helping a client secure £150k from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority for psychological damages having tragically witnessed her best friend be murdered.
– Acting for a family whose son was fatally killed in a road traffic collision. The settlement of £100k secured, represented a Fatal Accident Claim on behalf of the family and a secondary victim claim for the deceased client’s mother.
Outside of work, Emma spends much of her time playing taxi to her 2 teenage sons, but when time allows, she enjoys swimming, travelling and spending time with friends and family.