Protect your family with a Lifetime Trust
Not everyone wants to wait until they die to pass on their assets to a loved one.
Unlike Will Trusts, which take effect only after death, Lifetime Trusts come into being straight away. Your assets are moved to outside the estate and into a Trust for the benefit of others.
Lifetime Trusts are also often known as property protection trusts or asset protection trusts.
Why set up a Lifetime Trust?
A Lifetime Trust is a safe, secure and tax-efficient legal arrangement that allows you to set aside assets at any time during your lifetime.
Other good reasons for setting up a Lifetime Trust are detailed below:
- Setting aside some or all of your assets for a disabled or vulnerable person’s future care
- If beneficiaries are minors, the assets they inherit can be held in a Trust for them until they reach 18 years of age
- If beneficiaries currently have any problems, such as gambling or drug addictions
- To reduce the size of your estate or assets that you no longer require and thus less inheritance tax will be payable
- To protect a loved one who is unable to manage their own affairs due to disability or illness
How we can help you
There are complicated rules surrounding this area of law. Our Trust specialist team in Leighton Buzzard can advise you fully and help you with all aspects of Trusts, including;
- Setting up the Trust & tailor it to your needs
- Preparing the Trust documents
- Run the Trust if necessary
- Appointing or removing trustees
- Acting as a trustee on your behalf
You can trust Osborne Morris & Morgan
We take the time to get to know you and your affairs and treat every case with great sensitivity and care. If you choose to use us as your Professional Trustee Solicitors, we can help you with:
- Decision making
- Bill payments & other home finances
- Conveyancing processes
- Helping other Trustees to make decisions
- Tax returns
We are here to help
At Osborne Morris & Morgan, we are a friendly team of highly experienced legal professionals, who are nationally recognised experts in their fields.
We can help you with many areas, such as, disputes and divorce, to preparing your Will, and Conveyancing when moving home.
Whatever your needs or circumstances, our solicitors can make a difference.
Speak to our specialist Trusts team today.
Either call us on 01525 378177
or complete the contact form opposite.