Protect your compensation and means tested benefits with a Personal Injury Trust
Have you won, or are about to receive, an award of compensation following a personal injury or medical negligence?
Thinking about the next steps can also be daunting and this is where we can help.
Our specialist Trust Solicitors can help you to protect and manage your compensation, helping you to adapt to your new circumstances and injuries.
We are also full members of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the professional body for practitioners who specialise in family inheritance and succession planning.
Why set up a Personal Injury Trust?
A Personal Injury Trust fund ensures that you can receive your compensation without affecting any means tested benefits or local authority funding. Funds that are held in a PI Trust fund are ignored for the purposes of means testing.
If you are expecting to receive a compensation pay-out of £6,000 or more, then you should consider setting up a Personal Injury Trust.
You are at risk of having your means testing benefits reduced or even lost, if you receive £6,000 or more. If you are going into a care home, a Personal Injury Trust will both protect your compensation as well as funding entitlement from the Local Authority.
What Our Clients Say
- I would like to thank you for the kind and sympathetic manner in which you dealt with all aspects of my Will at this hard time in my life. Your approachability was very much appreciated.
- Excellent service…the firm is highly regarded by its fellow solicitors.
- All my family law matters were dealt with in an efficient & friendly manner. All members of staff were extremely helpful.
- Eric Morris of Osborne Morris & Morgan is revered for his work and appreciated for being flexible and able to think outside of the box, with excellent communication skills.
- Osborne Morris & Morgan dealt with my case in a sensitive and thorough manner. The firm is easily accessible, and gave quick responses to my enquiries.
We can help you
Ours specialist Trusts team in Leighton Buzzard can advise on the creation of trusts, as well as all aspects of trust administration, including:
- Whether a Personal Injury Trust is right for you
- Preparing the Trust documents
- Setting up a Personal Injury Trust
- Providing the documentation to ensure the protection of your benefit entitlement
- Appointing or removing trustees
- Advice on house adaptations, specialist equipment & specific care elements
- Acting as a trustee on your behalf
We take the time to get to know you and your affairs and treat every case with great sensitivity and care. If you choose to use us as your Professional Trustees, we can help you with:
- Decision making
- Bill payments & other home finances
- Conveyancing processes
- Helping other Trustees to make decisions
- Tax returns
We are here to help
At Osborne Morris & Morgan, we are a friendly team of highly experienced legal professionals, who are nationally recognised experts in their fields.
We can help you with many areas, such as, disputes and divorce, to preparing your Will, and Conveyancing when moving home.
Whatever your needs or circumstances, our solicitors can make a difference.
Speak to our specialist Personal Injury team today.
Either call us on 01525 378177
or complete the contact form opposite.