Full time Conveyancer/Experienced Conveyancing Assistant Required
We are looking for a Conveyancer/ Experienced Conveyancing Assistant to work within our Conveyancing/Private Client team at our office in Leighton Buzzard.
This is a full time, permanent position, working Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am – 5.30pm.
- Qualified or un-qualified applicants will be considered
- Experience in the area is key 4+ years
- Must be able to run your own conveyancing caseload with minimal supervision
Fee Earning in the Private Client department working mainly on the conveyancing files and assisting with other areas of the Private Client Department as and when required. Also undertaking some admin tasks where necessary, as part of this role.
- Sale – drafting contract packs and dealing with enquiries raised by the Buyer’s solicitors. Preparing the file for exchange of contracts. Exchanging files. Dealing with all pre-completion and post-completion matters to include obtaining redemption statements and preparing completion statement. Also dealing with the removal of restrictions. Generally running the file from start to finish with minimal supervision. Although supervision will be given as and when required.
- Purchase – requisitioning searches and building survey with valuation. Raising enquiries on the contract papers. Drafting contract report and preparing the file for exchange of contracts. Liaising with insurance broker and client to obtain buildings and contents insurance quotations. Dealing with all pre-completion and post-completion matters to include registration formalities and registering restrictions. Drafting Declaration of Trust where necessary.
- Transfer of equity – drafting TR1 and dealing with registration formalities and liaising with lender when required.
- Corresponding with clients and all parties connected to each file by phone and email or face to face. Updating fee earner on developments. Dictating and progressing files. Day to day management of a select number of files. Time recording wherever possible.
- Assisting other fee earners with the processing of the files including specific tasks and projects.
- Maintain the document management structure as set in the department.
- Filing where necessary, to be done accurately.
- Time record all non-chargeable elements of your job as well as chargeable time.
- Photocopying and scanning where necessary although most of this work to be undertaken by admin team.
- Generally ensuring compliance with the firm’s procedures, policies and office manual to include the firm’s policies on employment, anti-money laundering, use of IT , health and safety and client care
- Any other tasks that the business may reasonably require from time to time including assisting in Wills or Probate.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Appreciation of the law relating to clients as the file dictates i.e. money laundering, mental capacity rules etc.
- Good IT skills including emails, Word, Excel and Iris.
- Good time keeping
- Good interpersonal & organisational skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Work to high levels of accuracy & attention to detail
- Confident dealing with a wide range of people via telephone, email or face to face
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy office and to prioritise between various competing tasks.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Knowledge
- A comprehensive understanding of the processes involved in buying and selling property and also transfers of equity. It would be beneficial to have an understanding of Court of Protection and Trust matters.
- Previous experience of working a in a conveyancing department including high level of client contact
- Confident working with Microsoft Office software (mainly Outlook, Excel & Word)
- Familiar working with case management systems
Please forward any further questions, or your CV to: email@example.com