Private Client Administration Assistant
9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday – Friday
Leighton Buzzard Office
Administrative support for the Private Client department. The following list includes the tasks required to fulfil the job role. This list is intended as a general guideline and is not exhaustive.
- Electronic Filing and hard copy filing. To be done accurately and cleared on a daily basis
- Corresponding with clients and third parties via telephone and email.
- File opening and dealing with the necessary compliance including relevant file flaps and ID checks.
- Recording any chargeable time as required.
- Photocopying and preparing bundles or other relevant enclosures.
- Scanning generally and scanning and labelling the department’s post.
- Dealing with letters/attendance notes printed by DictateNow and getting any items signed before going in the post.
- Updating and maintaining databases to correspond with the documents held in the strong room.
- General administrative assistance, e.g. preparing a Will for engrossment, storing the same.
- Updating ALB to include assisting with paperless department.
- Ensuring the ALB matters are correctly labelled and tidy.
- Raising cheque / Bacs / TT requests.
- Taking new client enquiries and allocating appointment slots..
- Taking the overflow telephone calls from reception.
- Attending upon new clients in reception.
- Franking the firms post & sorting any DX items to go out on a daily basis
- Booking rooms for meetings.
- Making files ready for archiving and dealing with all necessary procedures.
- Covering reception when needed.
- Adding new precedents to the system.
- Assisting with firm initiatives when necessary e.g. Family Law Clinic.
- Updating department resources such as Factsheets.
- Generally ensuring compliance with the firm’s procedures, policies and office manual to include the firm’s policies on employment, anti-money laundering, use of IT, health & safety and client care.
- Any other administrative tasks required from the business from time to time.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Administrative / IT skills.
- Accurate and methodical work.
- Good time keeper.
- Good interpersonal & organisational skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Work to high levels of accuracy & attention to detail.
- Confident dealing with a wide range of people via telephone, email or face to face.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy office.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Knowledge
- Previous experience as in an administration role.
- Administration experience ideally.
- Confident working with Microsoft Office software (mainly Outlook, Excel & Word).
- Familiar working with case management systems.
Osborne Morris & Morgan is one of Bedfordshire’s most-respected law firms, employing a team of over 30 people, across two locations.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the services that we provide to our clients.
You can be assured that all applications received are kept in the strictest of confidence.
As an equal opportunities employer, we ensure that all applications are treated fairly, regardless of race, sex, a disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Please forward your CV to Sarah.Winters@ommlaw.co.uk.