Court of Protection
The Court of Protection helps to look after vulnerable people who do not have sufficient mental capacity to make decisions for themselves. It does this by appointing Deputies to make decisions for them about their money, property, health and welfare.
At Osborne Morris & Morgan in Leighton Buzzard, we encourage clients to make Powers of Attorney. With our experience of serious Personal Injury and Medical Negligence cases, we know better than most that catastrophic events happen unexpectedly — and it is impossible to prepare for them.
As a result, we have built up a nationally recognised Court of Protection team, headed by Eric Morris. We administer in excess of £100 million on behalf of our clients from all parts of England and Wales who have lost the ability to manage their affairs. The team regularly receives recommendations from other solicitors’ firms, case managers and independent financial advisers.
“Eric Morris of Osborne Morris & Morgan is revered for his work and appreciated for being flexible and able to think outside of the box, with excellent communication skills.”
The Chambers & Partners Guide, 2013
Advising Vulnerable Clients
Our clients include:
- People who have been involved in an accident and suffered serious injury
- Victims of Medical Negligence
- Children injured at birth
- Elderly people with dementia and those who have lost capacity because of illness
Many of the clients we represent have very specific care needs and often require round-the-clock care. Our level of involvement therefore is high. It includes:
- Paying bills and arranging property modifications
- Arranging care
- Creating and administering Personal Injury Trusts
- Setting up long-term care and therapy regimes with compensation funds
- Advising on making a Will without capacity
For details of our Court of Protection services, please call us on 01525 378177 or contact us online. We act for clients across the UK.